Our trip has been APPROVED!
Here are the important facts (with more info below):
- We’re going to New York City!
- 1st payment ($204/student, $325/chaperone) due ASAP
- Trip Contract needed for each person going (Students and Chaperones)
- Students need Medical, Permission to Travel AND Student Travel Code of Conduct (new!).
- Chaperones need a Chaperone Agreement Form. Chaperones must be an approved AISD volunteer.
Below are more specific details on this info.
Here are the details you might want to know (your trip price includes all of the following):
- April 23 (Thu evening) – April 27 (Mon evening)
- Flights leave DFW at 6:30 pm (AA flight info available upon request; yes, you can get miles)
- 4 nights in our hotel: The New Yorker (near Times Square)
- Two Broadway Shows
- Tickets to a New York Yankees Baseball game (pending schedule)
- Dinner Cruise : The Spirit of New York
- Passage aboard the Liberty Island Ferry (Statue of Liberty)
- Dinner at the Rui Plaza Buffet Restaurant
- MTA Metro Card for bus / subway transportation
- Choir performance at St. John the Divine
The only things NOT covered in the price of the trip are meals (other than those listed) and any personal items you wish to purchase.
Student price for the trip: $1,420, in seven (7) equal payments of $204 due on the following dates
- 1st – ASAP (Sept)
- 2nd – 15-Oct-19
- 3rd – 15-Nov-19
- 4th – 13-Dec-19
- 5th – 15-Jan-20
- 6th – 14-Feb-20
- Final payment – 6-Mar-20 (Friday before Spring Break)
Payments may be check (made out to LHS), money order or cash. Credit card payments CAN be made at lamarchoirs.com/credit, but PLEASE NOTE – these payments will include a service charge of 4.15%. This is the only method of taking credit card payments available in our district.
You can pay ahead of time … make larger payments … pay off the entire trip at once!
Payments (and all forms) should be sent to the choir office.
Chaperones cost for the trip: $1,711 in seven (7) equal payments of $244 due on the SAME dates (2 per room in hotel).
(Single room price is $2,277. Contact choir office for payment schedule.)
Chaperones must be an approved AISD Volunteer. Apply to be a volunteer – click here.
‘Land Only’ Option: if you are able to provide your own air transportation to and from NY, there is a discount of $300 available on any trip. This amount will be deducted from the LAST payment(s).
Madrigals: Your first payment is $204. Your monthly payments are $104, and will be adjusted up or down starting in January based on proceeds from the MDT.
- EVERYONE: SIGNED Trip Contract – click here
- Students: Medical Form (MUST BE NOTARIZED!), Permission to Travel (these forms may already be turned in.)
- Chaperones: Chaperone Agreement – click here
If your student will be taking medication with them on the trip, this form is needed: